Please click on paintings to view larger.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

100 plein air paintings in 100 days - #4








#4 - "Frozen Falls" 
Original Oil 6x8"

10/04/10 (6pm)
This was the 3rd painting done on this day. I was attracted to all the diagonals answering each other in this design, as well as the soft light. Started it at 6pm and painted the last half of it after the sun had dropped behind the peaks. I know, I know, I'm whining a lot about the cold, but it was COLD! It was all I could do to get enough paint on to call it finished, the only detail I put in was on the trees and the slope on the right. I was pretty stoked to get 3 keepers done in a day, that's a first for me.

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW! Now I have a new favorite. Maybe that's going to happen every day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first 4 landscapes are really wonderful. I totally enjoy seeing the photo of the actual site where you paint and then your painting of the site. I love the browns used instead of the ALL green background. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like all of the angles in this. The colors are so harmonious and I love the snow bank with the touches of very pale aquas and greens. So lovely! Great balance!

    ReplyDelete