After a 5 month hiatus, my instructing calendar is firing up again. Click here for my full 2013 schedule.
First Up - Daily PaintingComing up very soon - April 20th-22nd, I will be teaching a Daily Painting workshop in my Canmore studio. I keep this one small, limited to 8-10 students, which allows for an intimate environment and a lot of personal feedback for each artist. We have a lot of fun and build some high quality connections. The focus is on really getting a handle on the key fundamentals of value, color and strong design. More info / Registration
Heli Painting - A Totally Unique ExperienceRobert Genn and I take a group of painters into the Bugaboos each summer to spend 3 days heli-painting. Last year Robert's daughter Sara joined us and added a whole new twist to the mix. The 3 of us are quite varied in our teaching approach and philosophy which exposes the group to a broad range of stimulating concepts and ideas.
I appreciate that many people can't afford a trip like this but here are some things to consider if the idea of coming along has you teetering on the edge of diving in:
- It is truly one of the most beautiful places on earth.
- There is a lovely bond that is created when a group of artists get together and share this kind of experience - it's more than a workshop, it's a captivating adventure.
- Robert is fascinating to spend a few days with - and he won't be doing this forever.
- You benefit from the experience of 3 very diverse instructors.
- I was a heli-hiking guide for 10+ years so from experience I can tell you that flying around in a helicopter to paint in stunning mountain places is a unique and super cool thing to do in your life.
If you're ready to leap, we'd love to have you join us!
"Late Dinner" - detail